The following is a selective listing of West Island resources for pregnancy, childbirth, and beyond, including prenatal classes, osteopathy, acupuncture, yoga, birthing centes, doulas, community centers and more!
Acupuncture specializing in pregnancy and babies on the West Island • Acupuncture West Island 514-800-6739, 15000 boul. Pierrefonds, #302, Pierrefonds
• Marie Gauvin, acupuncteure, 438-396-6140 Vaudreuil/Hudson/Rigaud Baby Led Weaning (BLW) - Online Course for Parents with Jessica Coll, RD, IBCLC In this comprehensive online course you will learn through a series of short videos how to safey introduce BLW to your baby, and to be sure you are offering the right foods. You will also have access to Jessica's expertise as you will be able to ask an unlimited number of your own questions. This link will give you, as a Yogaspace student, a 50% reduction to the lifetime access to Jessica's BLW online course. Jessica Coll is a registered dietitian and lactation consultant based in Montreal. Birthing Center - Maison de Naissance If you would like to prepare for a natural childbirth with the guidance of a midwife, these centers are an excellent choice. Fees covered under Quebec Medicare (RAMQ). Space can be limited so call as early as possible to secure a space.
180 Cartier, Pointe-Claire (affiliated with CLSC Lac Saint-Louis)
Info: (514) 697-1199 Breastfeeding Support • Breastfeeding Support - La Leche League (LLL) Mother-to-mother support groups providing information and encouragement to all mothers who want to breastfeed their babies. While complementing the care of the physician and other health care professionals, LLL recognizes the unique importance of one mother helping another. Pregnant moms are also welcome.
Canada-wide LLL breastfeeding referral service (800) 665-4324. There are monthly meetings of La Leche League in Pointe Claire (and other locations throughout Montreal).
•Breastfeeding Drop-In Clinic
Weekly drop-in for
breastfeeding moms and expectant and new moms run by our local health service (CIUSSS ODIM/MWI IUHSSC). Meet other moms, weigh your baby, and discuss your health questions with a nurse. Spouses welcome too!
Every Thursday 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. St. Columba Church Hall (adjacent to the kitchen), 11 Rodney, Pointe Claire. For more information, please call the CSSS l’ouest-de-l’ile — Lac Saint-Louis at 514-697-4111.
•Nicole Rose Seone, R.N., breastfeeding support groups on the West Island. Les ABC de la grossese or call (514) 941-2579
Chiroprators specializing in pregnancy, West Island
• Valérie Lavigne, D.C., 3608 St-Charles boul. suite 1A, Kirkland Info: (514) 694-7111
Comprehensive Perinatal Clinics
• abc Clinique Santé offerts les services spécifiquement aux femmes ancients et à leurs jeunes familles, en acupuncture, chiropractique, physiotherapy, nutrition, et plus.
54 boul Cité-des-Jeunes, suite 110, Vaudreuil-Dorion (450) 455-8500
Osteopaths specializing in pregnancy and babies on the West Island • Manon Fabi, 514-622-2169, Baie-d’Urfé
• Jocelyne Talec, ostéopathe, 514-947-7368, Vaudreuil/Hudson/Rigaud
Pediatric Occupational Therapy &Pediatric Physiotherapy and more... • Stephanie Swinburne (erg, Occupational Therapist) at Kiddo Active Pointe-Claire
223 St-Jean Blvd, Pointe-Claire Info: 514-428-0123
Physiotherapy for prenatal and postnatal pelvic floor issues (incontinence, etc.) • Marie-Josée Lord and team, Physiotherapist, at Kinatex in Dorval.
Childbirth Education and Preparation
• Perinatal education and support with Nicole Rose Seone, R.N.
Nicole offers group and private instruction in infant CPR, childbirth eduation, breastfeeding support as well as leading mommy groups on the West Island (at your home or at various locations including Pointe-Claire). Read more about Nicole and her services on her website Les ABC de la grossese or call (514) 941-2579.
• Group/private childbirth preparation with Clearlight Gerald, MA, C- IAYT, ERYT, RPYT
In a one-time workshop setting or in custom private sessions, Clearlight offers expectant parents the opportunity to learn a variety of tools and techniques to cope with the challenges of labour with confidence, grace and skill. Essential breathing techniques and positions for labour and delivery are the focus, and fathers/ birth partners are empowered to effectively support moms. Clearlight has been empowering couples in this workshop since 2001 with tools and techniques to encourage a positive childbirth experience. For couples planning birth with the support of a doctor or with a midwife; the class is designed to compliment (but not replace) traditional childbirth education. Vaudreuil/Hudson/West Island/NDG/Westmount
Info: (514) 867-8671, or visit the Couples Workshop page
• Your local CLSC (CLSC du Lac-Saint-Louis, CLSC Vaudreuil-Solanges & CLSC Pierrefonds)
Contact your local CLSC to learn more about the prenatal and childbirth classes that are offered without feeto all Quebec residents.
Doulas are birth assistants, professionally trained women who provide physical, emotional and informational support during your pregnancy, labour and birth, as well as postpartum care.
MotherWit doula care
MotherWit Doula Care provides birth and postpartum doula services, support groups, specializes workshops and doula trainings. Visit www.motherwit.ca to learn more about the MotherWit doulas, including founder Lesley Everest and Millie Tresierra, Laurel Tidman and Megan Tolbert, orcontact 514-237-0737.
Nicole Rose Seone, R.N., Nicole brings her expertise as a registered nurse and her many years of experience as birth doula to mothers and families on the West Island, (514) 941-2579.
Stefanie Bittner is a trained birth & postpartum doula who serves the Vaudreuil and West Island areas. (450) 510-3981
Pure Pommette450-218-7873, Vaudreuil-Dorion
couches lovable, porte-bébés, produits locaux and naturels. ateliers et formations.
West Island Women’s Center
11 Rodney, Pointe Claire, H9R 4L8.
The WIWC is a social, educational and community hub for West Island women and children. It is a warm place of gathering and support, and offers an incredible selection of classes, childcare, seasonal events and outreach programs… if only every community had a center like this!
Family Resource Center Located at 9665 Gouin Boulevard, the Family Resource Center offers a number of services to help children achieve success – both academically and socially. Programmes include individual social and/or study skills sessions, monthly workshops for pre-teens, a girls’ social and study skills group, and parent strategy workshops. For more information, call 514-685-5912